Policies & Privacy
The relationship between a coach and client is Co-Creative, meaning that we are equals and both have an active role. I am not a therapist, counselor or consultant. I am a trained coach using honed communication skills to support you as a detached thinking partner. Together we create more power for you to effect meaningful change and take dynamic actions towards your goals.
- Please take time before each session to complete and email the Session Prep Questions provided to you by email. Use this email as a template to create a new email for your responses every week. The most crucial part is what you'd like to take away from the session.
- Please arrive to every session on time.
- Come to your session centered and ready to engage.
- Give me feedback in the moment about your coaching experience -- what works, as well as what does not.
- I will listen closely to you, respond to what I hear and ask questions. If I hear something in your voice or language that sparks an intuitive thought, I’m likely to ask you about it. Often, it is the small moments that bring about BIG shifts. If I'm not on target, just tell me. I'm not attached to being right.
- At the end of the session, if you do not mention what actions you are ready to take, I will make a coach request. I ask clients to stretch themselves and enhance the work done in the sessions by writing, taking some action, resolving conflicts or things that feel incomplete. You are free to negotiate, accept or decline.
Between sessions, if you have questions, a brief update, or want to bounce some ideas around, please contact me by email. Please keep these contacts succinct. If it seems like it will be better served as session material, I'll suggest that.
Ways You Can Get More From Your Coaching Experience
- Make our coaching sessions a priority. Come to every call with a specific agenda – a clear understanding of what you’d like to take away from the session.
- Do your own work between sessions. Use what you learn. Complete what you agree to do.
- Be open-minded. Try new approaches. Experiment.
- Be willing to change your beliefs and patterns if they do not serve you anymore.
Schedule Changes/Vacation/Business Trips
We will choose a regular time for our sessions. This will be your time slot. If something must change temporarily or permanently, I will be happy to work that out with you.
Please give our call high priority and arrange your schedule to honor our agreed upon time. If you must reschedule our call, I ask you to give me 24 hours notice. In any case, let me know as soon as you are able. I will not reschedule no call/no shows. If you have vacation or business trips that will conflict with our sessions, please notify me of these as soon as you have an itinerary and we will discuss when to reschedule. I will do the same with you when I plan trips.
What we discuss will be held in confidence and not shared with others. However, our discussions are not privileged for legal purposes. The privilege of confidentiality that exists for the clergy, therapists and attorneys is not granted to coaching professionals. That said, life coaching is a confidential process, and your personal information will always be protected.